Natural Gas

The Residential and Commerical rates are:
$6.00 per month customer charge plus:
$1.60 per cu.ft. (+ or – ) any cost adjustment
Tap Fee:  $500.00


A wonderful fuel source whether you use it for cooking, to heat water, dry clothes, or heat or air-condition your home, especially when conserved and used properly.  Natural Gas is FLAMMABLE and will ignite with the proper mixture of gas-in-air and any ignition source.  This can potentially cause injury, damage to property, or facility.  Since natural gas has no odor of its own, the Town’s natural gas department has added a distinct odor (rotten eggs) as our built in safety signal.  Leaking natural gas will always make a sound.  Be aware of any “hissing” sound around any area of the suspected gas leak.  Natural gas can also resemble heat waves when leaking.  Always remember to use the senses of smell, sight, and sound to be aware of any natural gas leak.

Here are some important safety tips if you should smell gas:

  • Leave the premises immediately. Evacuate all occupants from the building immediately.
  • Do not light a match or switch anything on or off.
  • Do not use the telephone. Use a neighbor’s telephone.
  • Do not operate any electric switches.
  • Extinguish any open flames.
  • Call us to report the smell of gas.

If used properly, natural gas is a safe, dependable and economical fuel source.  Brought to you by:



AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY:  (850) 539-2800

Call Before You Dig